As a member of Amazon’s HR Risk & Compliance team, the Senior HR Risk & Compliance Manager - Small / Mid-sized Country Support will be an integral member of a central team established to create mechanisms and coordinate activities to provide compliance oversight and support to Amazon businesses expanding into new or existing countries with small employee populations. This includes working with human resources, business, and legal teams to manage complex employment requirements, controls, and risk issues; researching legal and regulatory obligations with business labor and employment attorneys; working with project teams to translate legal and regulatory obligations into system or process requirements; establishing and monitoring compliance triggers designed to initiate a response to changes in employee volumes and HR risks; and developing remediation plans to mitigate risk. These projects may be driven by new legal and regulatory requirements, new geographies, employee expansion, solution implementations, or emerging risk issues, among other things.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Perform research and participate in compliance reviews to document HR compliance obligations, determine state of compliance, and develop recommendations for remediation within individual countries.
· Develop mechanisms and processes for gathering HR obligations, identifying risks, and finding process and compliance owners prior to country expansion.
· Work with global expansion teams to develop, document and monitor compliant service delivery models for new countries.
· Establish mechanisms and processes for ongoing monitoring of the state of compliance with HR obligations, including triggers to initiate reviews and assessments.
· Work with our internal systems team to develop the technology infrastructure needed to support ongoing compliance monitoring efforts.
· Develop deep knowledge of Amazon's HR policies and processes and regional HR obligations.
· Draft written narratives to communicate obligations, risk analyses, and recommendations to HR policy, process, and system owners and senior stakeholders.
· Inventory risk and compliance obligations in a governance, risk and compliance (GRC) system framework.
· Conduct on-site and virtual risk and control assessments, draft reports detailing findings, potential solutions, and recommendations.
· Consult on supporting documentation, such as manager and employee communications, FAQs, and standard operating processes.
· Respond to questions and troubleshoot issues.
· Manage other HR risk and compliance related projects as needs arise.
The ideal candidate is seeking to work for a highly innovative company and is motivated by the opportunity to participate in the development of new and leading-edge HR solutions. The successful candidate is highly organized, ably builds trusting relationships with internal stakeholders at various levels across the organization, adapts quickly to changing demands, demonstrates critical inquiry, attention to details, and the ability to effectively articulate recommendations and conclusions verbally and in writing. Knowledge of HR processes and risk and compliance management concepts is expected.
This position can be based in London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Munich or Berlin.
· 6+ years of experience in an HR, compliance, or risk management role
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of professional experience.
· MS Office proficiency including Excel, Word, and Outlook
· 8+ years of experience in an HR, compliance, or risk management role
· Advanced degree in a related area (MBA or JD)
· Experience with multi country employment & labor laws
· Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
· Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and drive forward results
· Experience building cross-functional partnerships and influencing stakeholders across the organization to act without having a direct reporting relationship
· Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary; sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
· Proven analytical capabilities; experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
· Experience managing HR projects and developing HR policies Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status
Últimas ofertas de Law Enforcement
LA OPORTUNIDAD Actualmente buscamos un/a recien licenciado/a para dar soporte al equipo de Finanzas en nuestras oficinas centrales ubicadas en Barcelona (Viladecans). APRENDERÁS Y CONTRIBUIRÁS A TRAVÉS DE Apoyo a la preparación de reporting de gastos...
¿Tienes buenos habilidades comunicativas? ¿Te interesa un puesto en el que puedes ayudar a marcar una diferencia? Buscamos a un/a persona profesional con capacidad organizativo/a, metódico/a y discreto/a. Esta Fundación busca cubrir la posición de...