Amazon's TechHub in Madrid is looking for an analytical and technically skilled Senior Software Development Manager who can join our team and be at the forefront of revolutionizing the way we look at our business. In Madrid we are over 1,000 people from more than 70 different nationalities across our 3 technology teams: Amazon Business, which focuses on creating solutions and features tailored to the needs of professionals, small and large businesses and institutions; Kindle & reading Technology, which builds new products and services to discover, buy, read and listen to novels, non-fiction and technical books, articles, comic books, and all other forms of reading; and International Technology, which delivers cutting-edge engineering from front-end customer experience to back-end service technology for a wide number of Amazon teams.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior Software Development Manager who has experience building mission-critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will lead, design, architect, and implement cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
A successful candidate will have a track record of building diverse and high performing teams that invent, build, and operate high quality software at scale in a global organization. The candidate will also be passionate about recruiting and retaining top talent, thrive while driving clarity in highly ambiguous technical environments, be skilled at developing long-term technical roadmaps, and have the technical depth and ability to guide and coach developers. This position also requires excellent project management skills, great empathy and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 10+ years of software engineering and product delivery experience, with strong background in algorithms and high performance distributed systems
· 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers and engineering managers
· Strong experience managing software engineering teams and developing technical direct reports (performance review communication, accountability, motivation/engagement).
· Experience being a manager of managers, growing managers to scale with the needs of the organization and working through others to accomplish the day-to-day work of the organization.
· Considerable knowledge of software development experience in object-oriented design and coding in Java or C++ or related technologies
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Spanish is not required
· A Master's Degree in Computer Science
· A history of working in a fast paced environments handling multiple, competing priorities
· A deep understanding of software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping production quality software on time
· Deep experience in web technologies and creating compelling mobile experiences using these technologies.
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Considering moving to Madrid?
Amazon chose Madrid to house its new Tech Hub in 2016. Since then it has grown to become one the company’s largest full software development centers in Europe. Opportunities for new projects in our Madrid office are as abundant as our sunshine or enticing tapas.
This a city that really knows how to live. Expats moving to Madrid will find a wonderful city with great restaurants, lively bars, interesting art galleries and two world-famous football teams. Madrid is Spain’s commercial and political capital with all the offerings of a city - while maintaining its down to earth Mediterranean attitude.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
Importante empresa del sector tecnológico a nivel internacional busca incorporar Desarrollador FrontEnd con conocimientos y conocimientos/experiencia en Lit Element y Polymer. Grandes posibilidades de crecer profesionalmente dentro de la compañía.
Desde la división de tecnología de Page Personnel buscamos un perfil especializado en desarrollo Mobile/Front-End para trabajar en un importante cliente. Si te gusta utilizar tus habilidades, creatividad e imaginación para diseñar y desarrollar...