Amazon Business (www.amazon.com/business) is a $10B B2B marketplace on Amazon.com that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits that address the needs of businesses.
Amazon is looking for Systems Development Engineers to build and scale our accounting systems for Business Prime World Wide. Millions of businesses rely on our technology to deliver and maintain a digital subscription like Business Prime. The engineers within our team are instrumental to help drive the stability and sustainability of our accounting systems that in turn support all of our business goals. This position is located in Madrid, Spain.
Systems Development Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedures and constantly innovate proactively. You will continuously identify areas of growth within the existing frameworks, tools and processes to develop further technical mechanisms to reduce waste and continuously improve. Our ideal candidate is autonomous, detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has experience working at scale. Systems Development Engineers work hand-in-hand with Accountants, Software Developers and Techincal Program Managers to invent new and better ways top operationalise the way our ledgers are kept up to date.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere. We are looking for people that identify themselves with the following set of characteristics:
· Solving problems at scale excites you.
· You are interested in being part of a high-bar team with global responsibility across all of Amazon Businesses.
· You do not implement specs from analysts and architects – you talk to customers and design solutions to their problems. You automate and innovate.
· You believe that the craft of software engineering is about writing code right the first time. For you, code reviews and automated testing are not chores – they are a core part of writing great software.
· You do not throw your code over the wall. You launch it, own it, support it and make it incrementally better for the benefit of customers.
· You enjoy working in a flexible, fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
· Responsible for onboarding new accounting use cases using existing tooling
· Work with other team members (support engineers, software engineers, technical program managers, finance analysts) to investigate design approaches, develop accounting software for new projects
· Responsible for building accounting processes and systems to keep pace with the Amazon’s retail growth
· Responsible for developing and analyzing highly scaled accounting reports and data
· Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against tight schedules.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
· Strong communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems. All communication will happen in English (Spanish is not required)
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science with 3+ years of experience in a Software Engineering, DevOps, or Systems Engineering capacity.
· Experience in automation via scripting and configuration management tools
· Experience plus knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash)
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
· Ability to write code to solve problems and automate repetitive tasks in a common scripting or programming language such as Python, Java
· International experience (academic or professional) and ability to deal with teams in different timezones.
· Previous Experience developing in large code bases in Java, C++ or any other OO language
· Record of mentoring other engineers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in system design, object-oriented design and data structures.
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
¿Conoces Capgemini? Somos una consultora tecnológica francesa, presentes a nivel mundial, ¡estamos en 44 países! Nacimos hace más de 50 años en Francia y poco a poco hemos ido creciendo hasta llegar a más de 200.000 personas en todo el mundo y...
Digital Talent Agency
Desde Zemsania Global Group seleccionamos un/a Salesforce developer con unos 2 años de experiencia mínima, para incorporarse a Zemsania en uno de nuestros principales clientes en un proyecto de larga duración. Se incorporará a un equipo de ambiente...