Amazon in Spain continues to grow and launch new products and we have several openings for Senior Software Engineers to technically lead a team.
Our tech hubs in Madrid and Barcelona are the largest in EMEA with 600+ developers. You will have tons of opportunities to grow a technical career/individual contributor career right here in Spain. Plus, Amazon Madrid offers a competitive salary package and benefits.
We will consider you for a variety of teams within Consumer such as Kindle, Amazon Business and International Technology. At the offer stage, you can choose the team and location that you would like to join.
These are senior roles (may be called Lead / Principal Engineer elsewhere!), where you lead the design and implementation of large-scale efforts from the technical perspective. You will drive the direction of the software architecture and work with other teams on integration. In addition to owning the architecture of a larger product, you will lead code reviews, mentor engineers, and drive important technical decisions.
The role will not just be fixed on your own team: you’ll become part of a special and unique Amazon community, full of likeminded peers to bounce ideas off and be creative with.
Together with the rest of the engineers you will be responsible for delivering production-ready code that will be used by hundreds of millions of Amazon customers, and you will own end-to-end the customer experience of the services and features that you build.
As a Sr. software development engineer, you will have a significant impact on the way customers, including friends and family, experience Amazon daily.
Sr. SDEs at Amazon do so much more than just software development. We'll be looking at you to help:
· Decide what features to build
· Drive software engineering best practice.
· Design performant, distributed and scalable systems
· Strategize and shape our long-term vision and architecture
· Lead code reviews and mentor engineers
You’ll have the opportunity to shape our product roadmap and business direction and work and consult with principal engineers who are world-class experts in the field.
· 10+ years of experience building production software systems.
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs.
· Expertise in full stack development in at least one modern programming language.
· Proven ability to learn new languages and technologies, and lead others in acquiring new skills.
· Comfortable with written and/or verbal communication in English - our Tech Hubs are diverse so the working language is 100% English
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or 8+ years of equivalent experience.
· Experience building scalable, distributed, production software systems with a understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Experience driving large projects from concept to prototype to production.
· Experience working with databases, data processing, and perceptive tools.
About Amazon Madrid Tech Hub on YouTube:
More about the teams:
Kindle Books Tech
Kindle has changed the way books are published, sold, and read across the globe. Independent authors are now able to publish and sell direct to readers through Kindle and print-on-demand offerings enabling them to reach audiences never before available. Kindle readers are able to download any book in any language in sixty seconds. Come be a part of changing the way the world reads.
Meet the team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpMDXe1H0Ak
Amazon Business (AB)
Our development team is disrupting the way businesses institutions purchase supplies.We focus on building solutions to enable business customers research, discover and buy business products in large catalogues, across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions.
Our customers include individual professionals, businesses and institutions that buy either frequently and/or in bulk.
Meet the team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7svIDXohsGE
International Technology (InTech)
The InTech group owns the discovery and delivery of Amazon’s cutting-edge engineering to all the varied customers and cultures of the world. We do this through a combination of partnerships with other Amazon technical teams and innovative new projects. We make sure that each of our websites is a thoughtful combination of Amazon known best practices and unique last mile engineering driven by each country’s customers’ needs. Our work spans the technology stack from front-end customer experience to back-end service technology and has very high visibility to senior leadership with small teams owning very impactful elements.
Meet the team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8mrBg0ckgc
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora