Are you looking to work in one of the most innovative and customer-centric businesses on earth? Does joining a multicultural team of Translation, Proofreading and Outsourcing Specialists sound appealing to you? Do you have a passion for learning and developing yourself and others? Then consider joining the Amazon Localization Team, and help us contribute to expanding product selection across international platforms.
Amazon is currently looking for a motivated and talented linguist to join our team as a EN to NL Translation Specialist.
The successful candidate will be well organized, independent professional passionate about delivering the right level of quality of translations (both machine-generated and human) to our customers. They must have the ability to communicate well with colleagues, external partners and other stakeholders and be able to provide a comprehensive structured feedback based on data and supported by sound knowledge of MQM processes and guidelines. They will be comfortable working in an international, fast-paced environment, where change and ambiguity are present as we constantly grow, improve, and innovate.
· Conduct quality checks by proofreading/reviewing linguistic work from freelancer translators, peers and other external vendors to ensure adherence to customer’s and company’s quality standards.
· Control and improve machine-translation engines’ quality by assessing output and providing linguistic feedback.
· Provide feedback and linguistic coaching to your peers, freelance translators and other external vendors and engage in quality improvement initiatives when needed.
· Post-edit machine-translated product detail pages in an efficient way to increase the product availability for the customer in their preferred language.
· Monitor external vendor quality progress, investigate quality variations and develop and implement measures to drive quality improvement in collaboration with other internal teams.
· Occasionally, provide manual translation during the launch phase of a new language combination
· Depending on the group’s needs and your own skills and inclinations, support our leadership, business and tech teams by taking an active part in training, project / program management, etc.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills, and embrace non-traditional paths to achieve the required competences. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We don't expect any individual to be able to do everything, we work as a team with each member bringing their unique skills to the mix and strengthening the whole. We dedicate time and effort to training our people to help them succeed in their role and grow their career.
· Dutch at a native level
· Able to work from English to Dutch
· Fully-functional oral and written communication skills in English
· A great deal of personal initiative, decisiveness and independence
· Strong and structured communication & exceptional collaboration skills
· Flexibility, proven ability to prioritize and work towards deadlines
· Strong working knowledge of CAT tools, MS Word and MS Excel, Outlook
· Able to work from English, Spanish, German or French to Dutch
· Ability to make logical decisions while performing tasks even when provided information is ambiguous
· Previous experience in proofreading or post-editing of machine-translated content is a great advantage
· Strong analytical, writing and editorial skills
· Working knowledge of SQL and expert level of Excel is a strong advantage
· Working knowledge of programming languages (preferably python)
Últimas ofertas de Law Enforcement
D&M asesores consultores
Sant Cugat del Vallès, ES
Unión de Asesores Tributarios & Abogados
Sant Just Desvern, ES
Grupo Ae Consulting S.L.
INN/TANGIBLE® | Argentina