Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
The successful candidate will be a key part of the operations team and will be responsible for project managing new Amazon Delivery Stations (DS) planning, design and construction. This will include the extension of existing facilities and any new sites. The Design and Construction Permitting Manager will play an integral role in the development and implementation of the EU network infrastructure. This role will work in close alignment with AMZL stakeholders and external public authorities across multiple state and local jurisdictions to deliver construction and operational permits for AMZL Delivery Station network expansion, including monitoring and reporting on the same to AMZL Senior Leadership.
This opportunity combines permitting, construction engineering, planning, project management, facilities management, and contract management. It requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings.
The role will be based in UK and will include frequent travel to all various locations within UK and SEU.
- Responsible for overseeing, submitting and approving permit applications on behalf of AMZL
- Responsible to track permit status weekly and report to Senior Leadership
- Responsible to address dive deep requests and escalations from both internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible to manage a team of external consultants to deliver specialist consultants advice and project/portfolio management services
- Responsible for project support on new fulfillment network buildings and additional capacity requirements within existing UK SEU DSs.
- Responsible to advise design and Construction Manager teams on permitting topics, providing solutions and risk avoidance options during permitting design
- Coach other new members on best practices.
- May have direct reports
- Fluency in English, Spanish/French/Italian are a plus
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or comparable field or Amazon experience
- Experience as an engineer and senior construction manager
- Experience as a construction manager, permit manager, or similar
- Project Management experience from design phase through implementation and operation
- Experience negotiating construction, procurement and labor contracts
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Master’s degree in engineering or construction management
- Ability to effectively communicate Amazon requirements to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, vendors, etc.
- Ability to travel throughout UK-SEU up to 30% of the time
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Company - Amazon Spain Services, S.L.
Job ID: A1816197
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora