Here at Amazon we are currently we need an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join the team and play a critical role in managing the health and safety within the Amazon Fulfilment Centre (FC).
The successful candidate will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in inbound safety, quality and productivity, working with the Operations Management teams to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the Fulfilment Centre provides to our customers.
You will be managing aspects of output in your area: people management, metrics, productivity targets, and process improvements. The extent of your duties will include:
• Managing the health and safety function at the FC, including supervision of staff to ensure delivery of objectives.
• Proactively engaging in collaborative health and safety projects across all operations sites
• Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholders within designated area of responsibility.
• Reviewing and auditing arrangements for health & safety management and continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate.
• Providing strategies to plan and organise work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to plant, machinery and processes.
• Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for H&S statistics.
• Providing management information and statistics related to your area of responsibility.
• Supporting business change through effective change management processes within the fast paced FC environment.
• Driving behavioural culture change programme across a large, complex, multi shift operation.
• Implementation and review of company global safety policies ensuring that local legislative requirements are also met
The successful candidate will:
• Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent with significant H&S Management experience, preferably gained in a warehouse environment
• Educated to degree level
• Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or equivalent
• Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload.
• Able to effectively lead and manage a team.
• Used to operating at all levels of the organisation.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills – result orientated and tenacious.
• An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU H&S legislation.
• The credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change.
• Demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation.
Lean, 5S and Kaizen experience
Environmental qualification/experience an advantage
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation offers also many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, Spain and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 80 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet. If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sound interesting? We wait for your application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Últimas ofertas de Sales
Empresa multinacional Líder en su Sector
Si has finalizado recientemente tus estudios universitarios, a través de nuestro Programa de Graduados/as, te incorporarás a la empresa y desde el primer día tendrás un recorrido formativo y vivirás nuestro negocio, pasando por diferentes misiones en...
Santiago de Compostela, ES
Santos es una empresa familiar fundada en el año 1952, dedicada al diseño, desarrollo, fabricación y comercialización de muebles de cocina de gama alta. A lo largo de todos estos años, la innovación ha estado presente en la filosofía que nos...