***Position based in North of Catalonia***
Here at Amazon we are currently looking for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join the team and play a critical role in managing the health and safety within the Amazon Fulfilment Centre (FC).
The successful candidate will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in inbound safety, quality and productivity, working with the Operations Management teams to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the Fulfilment Centre provides to our customers.
You will be managing aspects of output in your area: people management, metrics, productivity targets, and process improvements. The extent of your duties will include:
• Managing the health and safety function at the FC, including supervision of staff to ensure delivery of objectives.
• Proactively engaging in collaborative health and safety projects across all operations sites
• Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholders within designated area of responsibility.
• Reviewing and auditing arrangements for health & safety management and continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate.
• Providing strategies to plan and organise work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to plant, machinery and processes.
• Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for H&S statistics.
• Providing management information and statistics related to your area of responsibility.
• Supporting business change through effective change management processes within the fast paced FC environment.
• Driving behavioural culture change programme across a large, complex, multi shift operation.
• Implementation and review of company global safety policies ensuring that local legislative requirements are also met
The successful candidate will be:
• Educated to degree level (Tecnico Superior PRL/ Master PRL)
• Able to effectively lead and manage a team.
• Used to operating at all levels of the organisation.
• Great communication and influencing skills in English and Spanish
• An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU H&S legislation.
• Demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation.
Lean, 5S and Kaizen experience
Environmental qualification/experience an advantage
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, Spain and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 80 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet. If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sound interesting? We wait for your application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Note to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Últimas ofertas de Computing / IT
Buscamos un Consultor Senior, con mas de 5 años de experiencia en SAP FICO e inglés Alto Conocimientos imprescindibles: Perfil Senior FICO (5 o más años de exp). Inglés alto Responsabilidad y funciones: Perfil consultor SAP FICO Senior
Descripción de la empresa<br><br><strong>¿Qué es TheCUBE?<br><br></strong>TheCUBE es un ecosistema de innovación y tecnología impulsado por emprendedores para crear y transformar industrias a través de metodologías...