At Amazon, we strive to be earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world’s brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can genuinely improve the experience for customers. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We’re making history and the good news is we’ve only just begun.
Amazon has an immediate opening for an IT Engineer in one of our Fulfilment Centres. Fulfilment Centres handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors, and ships them across the globe each day. The successful candidate will ‘know how things work’ in their areas of responsibility and keep changes under control. You will build and operate infrastructure environments and will provide critical input to ensure that the platform is designed with operability in mind. You will make sure that all work around infrastructure moves forward effectively. As no two days are the same in Amazon, you will thrive on changes and embrace ambiguity.
Since we believe that diversity improves teams, we are looking for people of different gender and age and with different background and experience.
Amazon seeks team members who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making History.
What makes this team a great place to work?
· Day 1 opportunity – You will be joining a team that is responsible for what happens after the customer clicks “buy”.
· Opportunities for growth - You will have the opportunity to manage build & deploy projects, nvolved in the pre-delivery of the environment and ensure that continuous improvement and innovation is at the forefront of what we do.
· Scale New Heights - With the fast pace growth of our fulfilment network, you will be working on complex and complex problems to support us scale and grow the service to meet our customer demands.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Robust understanding of networking infrastructure and system integration.
· Good understanding of core Internet technologies
· Good appreciation of IT infrastructure components
· Solid understanding of what defines quality and world class customer focus and attention to details.
What will YOU bring?
· High degree of ownership in all matters within the IT infrastructure but not limited to.
· Experience in deployment and ability to work with 3rd party vendors.
· A new and curious mind-set, always looking for changes to improve the status quo no matter how good it may be.
· A curious mind-set that always question: what we can do better.
· A true team player that is positive to share knowledge and work together as a team to always innovate and improve how we work.
· Proven ability to supervise and inspire the team to deliver on complex tasks
· Good analytical skills with attention to details
· Ownership and accountability
· Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audience
· Demonstrated project management capability, produce reports covering metrics and work performed.
· 5+ year of technical (IT) exposure in an operational environment.
· Industry certifications such as Cisco (CCNA, CCNP), Microsoft (MCP, MCSE), Linux (LPIC-1, LPIC-2)
· Experience in the administration of heterogeneous network environments with Microsoft Windows and Linux based clients and servers
· Experience in IT asset management and purchasing
· Able to define requirements and coordinate the execution of IT projects. May recognize some risks to a project
· Some proficiency with at least one programming/scripting languages.
· Good understanding of network and internet protocols.Experience with Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN / WiFi)
· Proven ability to learn and apply new technology.
· Able to propose workarounds during times of crisis to get customers working again. May perform oncalls.
Please note you are not required to meet all of the above-mentioned expectations, any combination is welcome! (the more the better, of course ).
· In addition we expect strong oral and written communication skills in English, open mind, willingness to learn new skills and respect for the team spirit.
Valid driving licence and flexibility to work and travel outside of your designated location.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build..
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
TransPerfect Is More Than Just a Job? Our greatest asset is our people, and nothing is more important to us than ensuring that everyone knows that. Each of our 90+ offices has its own individual identity, and each also has its own unique rewards. In...
Job Description Nombre técnico del perfil Desarrollador/ Arquitecto Front - Tecnología Angular Funciones a realizar Definición, desarrollo y evolución de los componentes principales de la Arquitectura Front , establecimiento de las buenas prácticas de...