At Amazon we’re constantly looking for leaders who can invent, think big, have a bias for action, and who want to deliver for customers, those principles look very familiar to the men and women who served their country in the armed forces. And also their spouses.
Due to Amazon’s constant and sustained growth, we need strong, dynamic leaders and technical experts who can harness the skills developed within the military to make a significant impact on the business.
We are looking for Area Managers and Operations Managers to join our vast fulfillment and operations network, in various locations across Spain.
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
There are other, more intangible rewards too. Like our commitment to your development, a refreshing lack of hierarchy, the chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, plenty of team spirit and an informal atmosphere – suits and ties are few and far between.
Operations make sure we live up to our promise: to deliver Earth’s biggest selection of products around the world come rain, hail or snow. We want to be a company where customers from every country will recognize, value and trust our products and our services. But getting the right product to the right place at the right time – every time – is no easy task.
Explore our website – check out the stores, read some customer reviews and learn about our programs. You can also visit our investor relations and PR sites to have a look at our last annual report and read recent announcements about partnerships and product launches.
Yes, we’ll expect a lot of you and we’ll stretch you constantly with all sorts of challenges. But you’ll never feel like you’re going it alone. We’ll give you all the help you need to do the best job possible and encourage you to develop every day. Plus you’ll be part of a supportive team, working with colleagues, learning from them and collaborating to get the job not just done, but done brilliantly. And with all of us behind you, you’ll achieve more than you ever thought you
· Lead, motivate, and develop a team of 80-100 Amazonians (up to 200 during Peak period) and as an Ops Manager up to 500 indirect reports, with support of your Operations Leads/Supervisors, to achieve safety, quality and productivity targets.
· Manage the flow of articles within your area of responsibility/zone, understanding that yours is a part of a larger system, while ensuring quality control, management of stock, and the most effective use of the resources in your team.
· In pursuit of operational excellence, you will follow standard processes and participate in continuous improvement/optimization projects in your area but also participate in Kaizen or Lean projects that may have national or international scope.
Post open to anyone with disabilities, including wounded veterans.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
· Currently serving or former military
· Bachelor’s degree (university) or equivalent
· Excellent oral and written communication in Spanish.
· You speak English at a fluent professional level.
· You are able to work in shifts (rotation morning / afternoon each week with possibility to work at night),
· You have excellent analytical skills that allow you to interpret complex information, support decision-making, and develop clear and concrete action plans,
· You are dynamic, lead from the front, believe in servant leadership, and are hands-on,
· You know how to handle ambiguity and make quick decisions,
· You have the aptitude to train, motivate and persuade.
· Experience in logistics, industrial production, supply chain, quality, continuous improvement or transport
· Mastering a third language (German, Polish, Czech, Slovakian, Italian, or French)
· At least 5 years leading teams of 100, or more, people.
· Master’s degree or equivalent
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora