About this internship:
The Amazon European RME teams are a fast-growing international group. We are looking for a passionate, versatile and curious Project Management Intern to work with us on improvement and innovation projects to support the growth of our European network. We want to give our Customers in Europe the best experience possible!
As a Project Management Intern, you are a passionate advocate to drive machinery efficiency with strong analytics and have excellent organizational and inter-personal skills. You must be an effective communicator, have a high sense of (internal) customer service and be able to work with cross-functional teams including RME, Ops Engineering, Fulfillment Center Operations, Execution teams, Analysts and Senior Management.
As a Project Management intern you could join an RME team in one of our Fulfillment Centers across Europe, and depending on your profile, you could contribute to a project related to Automation and controls engineering or Mechanical engineering.
· You will support the project managers in one or several projects by tracking open actions, conducting ad hoc deep dives to provide data insights useful for decision making, analysing processes to identify critical points and improvement opportunities and anticipating risks.
· You will support the team in recommending and executing technical improvements in line with your expertise (automation or mechanical).
· You will work with the team to identify Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) improvements or standardization opportunities for the European network.
Key learning objectives
· Data Analytics
At the end of this internship, you will have developed skills to extract and manipulate large and complex datasets, will be given insights on simulation models and will have learnt to master the usage of analytics for driving business decisions and change.
· Project management
You will have learnt key success factors for project implementation and stakeholder management in a complex and international environment. You will have used advanced project management tools and will be able to successfully provide project members with support. You will have learnt to anticipate and mitigate risks.
· Soft skills
You will have learnt how to communicate results and status updates to stakeholders and Senior Management. You will have interacted with a wide range of people with very diverse roles, from Fulfilment Center Managers to Maintenance Engineers and Technicians. You will have collaborated/networked with other like-minded interns across the EU.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
· You are currently working towards a Bachelor degree in Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical/Electrical or Electronics engineering, Robotics, Computer Engineering, Machine Learning, or other quantitative areas or related fields.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and the local language.
· You must have the right to work in the country of employment by the start date.
· Problem solving mindset, proactive issue resolution skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
· You are able to demonstrate curiosity and pro-activity, which will allow you to gain greater autonomy in the course of the internship and make the most of your time with us to fully achieve your learning and development goals.
· You are results-driven with analytical skills and the ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices.
· You should have strong decision-making skills, that use sound reasoning and when required use consultation to achieve consensus.
· The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
· Solid understanding of principals, theories and concepts in mechanical, electrical, or software engineering
· Comfortable using hand tools
· Hands on experience with the ability to craft simple proof-of-concept models
· Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
· Previous working knowledge of project management tools (Gantt charts, document sharing etc.) is a plus.
· Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or fulltime role; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better.
· Students enrolled or recently graduated from an MBA are also welcome to apply.
Our employees’ safety is our top priority and we continue to monitor the global health situation. Because of this, your internship might be based in one of our facilities or it could be delivered virtually. Should it need to be delivered virtually, we have developed a program that ensures you will continue to have a meaningful and positive internship experience.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Últimas ofertas de Computing / IT
Palma , ES
Si te gusta la selección de personal y tienes dotes comerciales ¡ésta es tu oportunidad profesional! El Grupo Adecco continúa creciendo y necesita incorporar un/a consultor/a de selección con rol 360 para nuestra oficina de Mallorca. Tendrás como...
¿Tienes experiencia como Montador/a Instalador/a de cuadros eléctricos y sistemas? ¿Tienes disponibilidad para viajar de forma nacional e internacional? Si te gustaría formar parte de un proyecto apasionante, en el que crecer profesionalmente y...