At BioCryst, we are passionate about advancing novel therapeutics for patients with rare and serious diseases. Our structure-guided drug design process leads us to the discovery and development of novel small-molecule drugs. We integrate traditional biology and medicinal chemistry along with a wide array of advanced technologies to understand the three-dimensional structures of active sites of target enzymes. Our scientists then design molecular structures to create bespoke drugs for patients. We focus on therapeutic areas with either no available treatments or large unmet patient needs. BioCryst’s US headquarters are located in Durham, North Carolina, our European headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and our Discovery Center of Excellence in Birmingham, Alabama. We are proud of our culture of engagement and accountability that rewards people for innovative thinking and achievement of key objectives. For more information, please visit the Company’s website at www.biocryst.com.
As our Commercial Director (CD) for Spain, you will have the opportunity to lead the development and deployment of the commercial strategies, programs and activities that supports the successful commercialization of BioCryst products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Member of the Spanish leadership team, taking key leadership role for the product commercialization in the local market.
- Be member of the EU Brand Forum representing the country with proactive approach.
- Build good relationships with all external and internal stakeholders; identifies and delivers on opportunities that further grow and develop the local country/regional business through collaborative relationships.
- Development and execution of local marketing-commercial plans, support regional and hospital access activities to guarantee and support the best and rapid products commercialization.
- Development and execution of local marketing materials and projects to support the brands, including material development; lead the alignment with scientific services and local compliance processes and requirements and monitor the deployment through the commercial team.
- Accountability for implementation of national key account plans ensuring co-ordination and close collaboration with local medical and access teams.
- Management of local marketing and communications agencies to support launches and commercialization of our products.
- Design and control budget, product forecasting of our product.
- Plan and control investments /expenses.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in natural sciences and/or business economics is required
- Fluency in Spanish and English language is essential
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills is essential
- MBA or equivalent qualifications would be a plus
- Experience working successfully in a leadership commercial position (preferably in the rare/orphan or specialty disease space) with people leadership experience required.
- New Product Launch and commercialization through Early Access Programs experiences for a Pharmaceutical/Biotech product in rare diseases would be a plus.
- A motivated professional with a “can do” attitude willing to work in a fast-paced, high accountability, small company environment, able to achieve measurable results in a given timeline
- Broad understanding and experience in sales and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and collaborate successfully with multiple functions in a global team environment
- Ability to understand, collaborate and enjoy working in a diverse global team-based organization
- Able to maintain professional skills and learn new ones when necessary
- Ability to manage multiple projects and maintain timelines
- Ability to travel for general business in and outside country
The statements in this position description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. The manager may assign additional responsibilities and assignments from time to time.
BioCryst is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veterans status, disability and/or other protected class characteristics. Additionally, BioCryst is committed to achieving its business objectives in compliance with all federal, state and local law.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora