Who we are and what is our purpose?
At eDreams ODIGEO , we all believe in one thing - helping millions of people discover their world. Our overall mission is to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can find and book the best travel options for their needs and experience amazing post-booking service in our best-rated mobile app. Our cutting edge ecommerce platform helps more than 17 million customers in 46 countries reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding the best travel deals out there.
If you are up for a challenge, you won’t find a more impactful or rewarding experience. Now, it’s the perfect time to join us. We are growing very rapidly out of the pandemic and are investing heavily in our Technology organisation, bringing opportunities for impact and growth galore.
What will you do?
For the last 20 years, we have been at the leading European Online Travel Agent, at the forefront of innovation in travel tech. We are the only travel company to create a widely successful subscription programmes - our Prime membership. Prime is the most innovative and disruptive subscription program in the online travel industry - and the only one! Being a Prime member allows customers to access discounted fares and a set of other perks.
You will join us in the heart of our Prime subscription programme, where your mission will be to scale our Prime program to a best-in-class membership program that customers truly love. We believe this will revolutionise the way customers decide where to buy their travel. We are well on our way with this mission with more than 4 million members. Join us to double this - and offer the best membership program ever to more than 7.5 million customers.
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel.
We are looking for people that challenge the status quo, that bring new ideas to the table, that can influence, drive and have a say in the way we address our customers, the way we build our product and the way we work. Does this sound like you? 👇
When you join us as a Front End Lead Engineer, you will see yourself:
Leading the technical delivery of a critical product at eDreams.
- Working with top-notch tech stack including: ReactJS, ES5 and ES6, JQuery, Underscore, Lodash, GraphQL, Apollo GraphQL, Node JS, BackBone, Angular, Babel, CoffeScript, TypeScript, WebPack, RequireJS, Browserify, Grunt, Gulp, Bower, NPM,Yeoman, LinemanJS, Mimosa, UglifyJS, Selenium, Cucumber, CSS, Sass, HTML5.
- Collaborating with Product, Business, Architecture, Data Science to shape the technical strategy and evolution of our unique Prime subscription model, define the technical strategy for your modules and ensure their optimal performance
- Helping your team translate functional specifications into high-performance logical technical design and code and split the work into smaller tasks that add quick value to customers
- Promoting our standards of technical excellence, innovation and continuous improvement
- Leading a high performing cross functional agile team of 7-10 experienced software engineers and developers
- Taking an active role in finding and hiring the best talent available, in collaboration with our recruiters, and onboard new joiners into our culture of high performance, collaboration and growth
- Managing performance, setting goals and prioritising work for your team, balancing the capacity of the team
- Establish a sense of identity, engagement and belonging in your team, and improve team dynamics - in collaboration with your dedicated agile coach
- Act as a mentor, helping others develop their skills and professional career
- Ability to take fast and data driven decisions
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to live and transmit our values
- Intense focus on what delivers customer value
- High standards around quality and technical excellence in coding
- Developing and growing self and others
- Presenting with confidence to both technical and non technical audiences
- Knowledge and experience with coding, OO design, system design, performance tuning, performance engineering, design patterns, data modelling
- Knowledge and experience with distributed, concurrent and scalable systems
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain and Portugal, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid and Porto).
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings.
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance.
- Continuous growth and learning .
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
- Language classes for English and also Spanish classes for eDOers relocated to Spain.
- A great relocation package , for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations.
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities.
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora