About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level, Senior
java, angular, spring, typescript, docker
Eurovision Services is looking for software engineers (front and back end) to work across the full stack of different media products. She/he will join the international software engineering team at our technology hub in Madrid, Spain.
ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY HUB
The Eurovision Services technology hub in Madrid is responsible for delivering media and broadcast solutions using the most advanced software engineering techniques. As part of the technology team, you will be working with top international engineers specialised in media and see your developments implemented in Tier 1 global sports and news content.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
In this role as a Software Engineer, you will:
- Work across the full stack of different products and solutions based on Agile/SCRUM methodologies in a DevOps environment
- Analyse requirements, design and write code for new features and user stories
- Participate in peer reviews and software inspections
- Identify and correct defects and their root causes
- Partner with solution architects, team members, end users and other development teams
- Brainstorm with other software engineering teams, product owners and software architects
- Research new technologies to solve relevant problems, delivering proofs-of-concept as required
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- As with any engineer we hire, the ability to communicate well in English is crucial (English is the working language)
- Interest and aptitude for learning new technologies
- A willingness to learn and apply software engineering best practices to your work
- Relevant experience implementing software in Java
- Some experience with Typescript (Angular), HTML5 and CSS3
- Some experience with web and application servers like Apache, Tomcat and Nginx
- Some knowledge of the following technologies/libraries: Spring, Hibernate
- Comfortable with large projects in source control (Git), continuous integration (Jenkins, Bamboo) and writing unit tests
- Some experience with databases such as MySQL and Postgres
- Familiar with containerisation and Docker platforms, as well as orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Familiar scripting in Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Debian)
Additional experience in the following areas would be a bonus:
- Experience working collaboratively with geographically distributed and international teams (our headquarters are located in Switzerland)
- Some experience in OTT/media/broadcast software development projects
- Knowledge of digital video concepts (container formats, codecs, compression schemes, tools, best practices, etc.)
Perhaps you are missing some of the listed skills and required experience, but you are motivated and eager to learn? Then we still want to meet you!
ONCE ON BOARD YOU WILL
- Be part of an outstanding team of software engineers
- Get involved in Tier-1 media projects with impact and visibility
- Occasionally travel to our headquarters in Switzerland for workshops and training
- Enjoy our technology hub, designed to foster a culture of sharing, openness and creativity
- Choose your working environment: Apple MacOS or Microsoft Windows
- See your code in cinemascope on a big screen (30-34”) at a comfortable desk
Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or similar (Master or Bachelor).
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Competitive salary and benefits.
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
SELTIME compañía española en proceso de expansión, líder en dar soluciones tecnológicas específicas a cada cliente y un trato personalizado a nuestros técnicos. Selecciona Programadores, Analistas Programadores, Analistas, Jefes de proyecto y...
SELTIME compañía española en proceso de expansión, líder en dar soluciones tecnológicas específicas a cada cliente y un trato personalizado a nuestros profesionales. Selecciona Programadores/AP´s en .Net con al menos 1-2 años de experiencia para...