Our business is highly regulated and EY is a complex, matrixed organization. Managing risk is of paramount importance to our brand and reputation, and our Risk Management team works side-by-side with the business to do this. Our aim is to enable responsible growth and that means working with the business to identify, monitor and manage risk, and consult and advise. Through oversight of key risk issues and processes such as independence, conflicts, and legal and regulatory compliance, we help maximize public trust and ensure EY and our clients are operating responsibly.
This opportunity is an ideal role for an individual who wants to directly contribute to EY’s global organization. The Data Protection subfunction has oversight for a global data protection framework that is established in line with the needs of the business to mitigate associated risk and protect all information that EY has responsibility for throughout the data lifecycle at an enterprise level, supporting immediate and future regulatory, legal and operational requirements. It helps the business mitigate risks and costs, demonstrate compliance, defend against claims, and improve operations and productivity.
This is an exciting time to join Risk Management. Enabling responsible growth and working together with the business to do this is at the heart of one of the Next Wave strategic priorities. We are looking for data protection professionals to join global Risk Management to enhance the program and deliver further capability in support of identifying and managing the risks associated through the increasing use of personal and confidential data at EY. You will build your professional knowledge and credentials, learn how EY operates globally and work with some of the most senior partners. We will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Your Key Responsibilities
Responsible for supporting those aspects of the data protection global program led by Global Risk Management, supporting enablement of other geographic and functional areas in delivery of data protection compliance, and achieving key performance indicators (KPIs). You will be directly responsible for particular elements of the global program. You will leverage in-depth knowledge and industry expertise to draft policies and standards, develop processes and learning materials and more for the governance and life cycle management of EY’s information. Lead, manage and participate on global projects and networks. You will be required to consult and collaborate effectively with key internal and external data stakeholders (e.g., Services Lines, Functions, EY Technology, Legal, Acquisitions, members of the Region Risk network, industry vendors) to drive the design and implementation of solutions across the business and geographies.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Interest in enhancing EY’s ability manage the risks associated with the operational use of personal data and confidential information.
- Interest in strengthening EY leaders’ capabilities and knowledge in how to address data protection risk throughout their operational responsibilities
- Interest in working with a culturally diverse team from around the globe to design, develop, and deploy programs and share knowledge
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills, with a proven inclusive and flexible approach
- Team player and active listener with the ability to respond to and develop the ideas of others
- Effective communicator with excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead and influence outcomes without direct authority
- Ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and gain leadership buy-in for proposed change initiatives
- Ability to formulate recommendations to solve complex data protection business issues
- Proven project management skills and experience of delivering projects in a matrixed organization
- Strong knowledge of EY and a willingness to grow your skillset
To qualify for the role you must have
- University graduate with several years’ experience in data protection, either through legal practice, in-house operational risk/compliance or a professional services environment; information lifecycle / management, information governance experience
- Certification in Program Management from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPM) or similar certification, or willingness to obtain certification within the first year
- Knowledge of relevant external standards, e.g., ISO 27001
- Advanced MS office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Understanding and/or experience of the use of data privacy tools and platforms in managing operational privacy requirements
- Excellent technical acumen and ability to use the tools that support EY’s data protection program
- Expert level knowledge of: key global data protection regulations across jurisdictions, confidentiality requirements, industry resources and standards, both in the professional services industry and other key corporate business functions (i.e., human resources, finance)
- Prior experience in creating and delivering communications and learning sessions
- Experience leading multiple projects and virtual, multidisciplinary, cross-functional and cross-border teams
- Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex problems by gathering data from various sources; evaluates alternatives from multiple stakeholder perspectives and understanding impact on business when addressing / resolving complex issues
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Risk management, legal, policy, or IT lifecycle experience
- Certifications such as Information Governance Professional (IGP), Project Management Professional (PMP), or Information Privacy Professional (IPP) or willingness to obtain
- Strong knowledge of EY and a willingness to pursue continuous learning and other relevant certifications
- Ability to influence others without authority
- Ability to train and coach senior leaders so that their knowledge and skill sets are enhanced
- Ability to operate and flex in an ambiguous and changing environment to respond to emerging priorities
- Experience of working to deadlines and delivering high-quality outputs
- Knowledge of budgets and managing expenditures / resources in order to operate within approved budget guidelines.
- Ability and willingness to periodically work flexibly e.g., participating in calls outside of standard office hours (early morning/late night) to support our global organization
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, as needed
What We Look For
We’re looking for an experienced, high energy individual who embraces change and innovation in order to ensure that we can continue to deliver world-class RM initiatives in an ever-changing environment.
What We Offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora