You will be part of a multidisciplinary engineering team and perform electromagnetic and electrical studies to ensure that our generator designs meet the product requirements while maintaining the highest standards of EHS, quality, delivery and cost. Job Description
GE Renewable Energy is one of the world's leading offshore wind energy companies, with a portfolio of offshore wind turbines ranging from 6 MW to 14 MW that offer increased value to customers with proven performance, reliability, efficiency and availability.
We have invested more than $400 million to develop the Haliade-X, an investment that will also drive down offshore wind farms’ levelized cost of energy, helping make offshore wind energy more competitive for our customers. The Haliade-X was the industry’s first 14MW offshore wind turbine to operate, and is the only 12+MW offshore wind turbine platform that has been operating for over two years, specifically at its Rotterdam prototype site.
Roles And Responsibilities
- You will develop and run electromagnetic calculations for generator conceptual sizing, making design trade-offs and incorporating the different product requirements.
- You will perform complex and detailed electromagnetic analysis to solve engineering problems and provide solutions that enable the generators to be manufactured with quality, on time and at the right cost.
- You will work on design validation, model calibration, and receive various lessons learned from production and field allowing your models to evolve and match reality.
- You will work in a multidisciplinary engineering team and partner with manufacturing and supply chain teams for specific projects.
- You will participate to design reviews where you will present your work and contributions as part of a multidisciplinary design team.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Fluent user of Altair Flux (preferable) or equivalent FE electromagnetic software.
- Programming knowledge to build and maintain calculation macros, ideally in Python.
- Strong engineering experience in the design of electrical machines.
- Strong knowledge about electrical machines topologies and winding configurations.
- Positive mindset, eager to solve engineering problems and look into the detail
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- PhD in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with 3D electromagnetic calculations
- Experience in the design of permanent magnet machines
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora
Field Service Technician electric Packaging Industry FFG- DRO / Técnico eléctrico para la industria del packaging FFG-DRO2 Oct