Guardian Industries, a global company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, employs more than 17,000 people and operates facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian’s diverse group of companies are involved in the manufacture of high-performance float, coated and fabricated glass products and the manufacture of high-quality chrome-plated and painted plastic components for the automotive and commercial truck industries. Guardian’s vision is to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc.
Guardian is seeking a Furnace Project Engineer based close to any Guardian location in Europe.
The Engineering Excellence- Furnace Project Engineer- Float Process will be responsible for the design and installation of Glass Melting Furnaces (Refractory, Steel, and Mechanical Design) including the management of suppliers and external engineering design and construction firms. The desired candidate will effectively implement Float Glass Productions systems to support business and innovation needs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with Eng-Ex, OpEx, and Operations teams to develop project scopes, budgets, and schedules
- Manage all aspects related to assigned portion of projects
- Prepare equipment and system requirements including design as required, specifications, installation scopes of work and RFQs
- Perform contractor analyses and selection, contractor and contract management as required
- Supervise the on-site activities to assure the implementation to be done in full respect of safety rules, respecting timeline, budget and quality requirements
- Manage the scope, budget, and schedule throughout the project and document, justify, and get approvals for significant changes
- Technical support to operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Civil or Mechanical Engineering or Ceramic Science preferred.
- Previous experience in Furnace Construction or Engineering related work. Float Glass experience preferred.
- Self-Motivated and able to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Strong technical knowledge to design, specify, procure, install, and commission systems
- Skilled to predict, recognize, and effectively solve problems and interferences
- Effectively manage contractors, budgets, and schedules
- Fluent in English, any additional language is considered an advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) within the department, regional, and global organizations
- Travel International when needed (between 50-75% of working time, depending on the project phase)
- Experience with Float Production capital projects and skilled in furnace design and installation supervision. Proven track record of successfully designing, specifying, contracting, and supervising equipment and system installation.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora