As a Accounting Assistant in our Madrid office, you will be assisting our Senior Accountant for the day to day project accounting functions of development, construction, and operational energy projects and related entities in the United Kingdom, various corporate accounting tasks in Spain, and other support activities related to accounting, tax, AP, and treasury for holding companies in Invenergy’s growing international portfolio, under the supervision of our local Controller in Madrid, and in collaboration with the Accounting, Tax, and Treasury teams in Invenergy’s Chicago, USA office.
This position is generally assisting the monthly books closing and records of accounting entities related to these projects and also provides assistance on holding companies that have subsidiary electric generation projects in various stages of development, construction, and operations elsewhere.
Individual must be a self-starter, well organized, possess excellent computer skills, be able to multi-task and enjoy the challenge of taking on new and exciting opportunities. Recent university graduates are encouraged to apply. No prior related work experience required to apply for this position, though knowledge in accounting is preferred.
- Assist in preparing the financial statements
- Assist in preparing project workbooks to support balance sheet and income statement
- Assist in ensuring accuracy of all general ledger information
- Assist with annual audit work
- Help coordinate projects treasury, banking and cash flow analysis.
- Assist in monitoring tax compliance and accounting activities within Invenergy group internationally, with special focus in Spain.
- Support the preparation and submission of the monthly/quarterly tax returns filings (VAT and Withholding Tax) in Spain.
- Support the provision and calculations of Corporate Income Tax in Spain.
- Support the preparation and submission of Corporate Income Tax return and the periodic self-assessments in Spain.
- Assist in other administrative tasks.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, and/or Law
- Basic understanding in IFRS and/or Spanish GAAP
- IFRS or USGAAP specialization course is a plus but not required.
- Basic knowledge in accounting software is a plus (e.g. Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.), but not required.
- Good level of English, both written and oral, preferred.
- Intrinsically motivated with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office skills is required.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora