About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Database Administrator
Industry: Online Travel, Travel Tech
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Private
etl, sql, user-interface
The Mission of a Data Designer is to define, develop & maintain a data transformation layer across all data domains within kiwi.com, establish best practices for building data models, and ensure standardization for overall data transformation and management. Data Designer will be working closely with Data Platform, Business Analysts, and the rest of the Data Intelligence team to implement data modeling solutions to streamline and support company information management.
What will you do?
- Elicit business data requirements, identify data sources, and required data elements, perform data validation and integration activities.
- Translate business data needs to specific technical requirements and tasks.
- Take responsibility for the whole ETL/ELT solution and design new sustainable solutions from the ground up.
- Oversee the data warehouse, source system tables, and transformations necessary for intelligent reporting, thus ensure that business users have access to reliable data which are essential to make informed decisions.
- Work in conjunction with the Data Engineering to build scalable and manageable data intelligence solution.
- Diagnose data quality issues using formal problem-solving techniques and probe underlying issues to generate potential solutions.
What do we expect?
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in the area of business intelligence, data analytics, or data engineering
- Solid understanding of data integration tools, ETL/ELT processes, data modeling concepts, and data warehouse architecture
- Experience with DWH platforms like Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Azure Data Warehouse, or MS SQL Server
- Good knowledge of database principles, strong proficiency in SQL and programming languages used for data manipulation and data analysis
- Inquisitive, analytical problem-solving mindset
- Fluent English
Things that we offer and you might love about us:
We believe we’re a fun bunch to work with, and you will get to see how a young, vibrant yet global company disrupts the travel industry. You’ll work in one of the most promising tech companies (awarded Forbes Startup of 2017, Super-brand Award 2017, Deloitte Technology Fast 50 – the fastest growing technology company in Central Europe).
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices (complete with sauna, gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, chillout zones, free refreshments, etc).
- Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as meal vouchers, flexible benefits scheme, sick days, VIP Medical Care, flight vouchers, multisport card, etc.
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on overall company performance.
- We’re a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with. We look forward to you joining our team-buildings and parties!
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
SDi Soluciones Digitales, empresa riojana de desarrollo e implantación de software, necesita incorporar a su equipo de 80 personas, unProgramadorSenior PHPespecializado en programación de aplicaciones y Symfony ¿QUÉ BUSCAMOS?: * Programador PHP Senior...
Nuestra oferta ¡En nuestra área de Energía estamos creciendo! Buscamos un Desarrollador Java con experiencia en Java 7 para realizar resolución de incidencias de código de aplicaciones JEE. Buscamos alguien con capacidad de absorber el conocimiento...