Acerca de nuestro cliente
Multinational energy company active in the Power & Gas Spanish market is currently looking for a Market Trading Analyst to be based in Madrid. #impactopositivo
The position will support the pan European Intraday Trading Team based in Spain in the optimisation of daily bids through the day ahead (in different exchange markets), intraday continuous platforms and ancillary markets (with TSO) where applicable.
Amongst other things, pursing that work involves participation in the various day ahead and intra-day markets, liaison with customers, IT development (customer interface and submission of nominations to Market and System Operators), determining balancing strategies and the reconciliation and invoicing required after delivery. The successful candidate will interact proactively with different market players (eg. MO/TSO, asset operators; regulator, weather providers, retail customers, other agents) externally and internally (eg. gas and power operation teams across London and Madrid, deal structuring team, traders in London, IT team….) to align on different possible daily strategies
The key responsibilities of the vacancy will be:
- Forecasting their production; starting with a number of inputs from the site owners and their weather forecasting provider and determining the subsequent day ahead strategy.
- Sending all nominations into the different markets, with some participation in the Day Ahead market and subsequent nominations for intraday markets in case there is a change in forecast from the plant or if that is the determined strategy for the day.
- Help the development of an Intraday Trading platform across all markets, fit for purpose both for the customer and that can have all necessary trading operations (including automated ones).
- Managing the Guarantees of Origin for the energy produced and making all transfers (sells) to Third Parties.
- Qualifying the assets, if capable, for participation in Ancillary Markets with relevant TSO and adding those markets to our day-to-day strategies.
- Defining the strategy to optimize each generation asset and to minimize imbalance penalties.
- Setting contract in the system for accounting and invoicing. Supporting invoicing to customers
- Setting up the correct infrastructure, collating data from the System Operator and applying correctly the agreed service fees.
- Understand (and analyse) incidents in the system and taken the necessary actions to mitigate impact
- Dealing with big quantities of data and being able to transform it in usable data: this envisage querying API conectivities of Mo, TSO and assets among others.
- Help build a real time data platform to collect all energy measurements and react on real time to changes in situation.
- Ensure procedures related to daily operations of asset/plants are documented and updated
- Help understand new regulations in the system and identify, when possible, opportunities or risks
Perfil Buscado (H/M/D)
The main requirements are:
- Preferably a technical background.
- Some experience in the European power markets, understanding the fundamentals and being able to derive conclusions.
- High analytics knowledge.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- High proficiency in English required.
Professional growth within a great energy multinational company.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora