Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it’s employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We are currently looking for a social performance consultant to join our environment and social team. The role is based in Spain (Madrid).
Our social performance team work in an integrated manner with our environmental and engineering teams on infrastructure projects. The focus is primarily in the energy sector, but we also work on water, transport and other types of internationally financed infrastructure projects. We work with our clients and local communities to identify and mitigate impacts and enhance social and community development benefits in pursuit of sustainable infrastructure projects.
The Work Of Our Team Primarily Covers
Our clients include project developers, international lenders including multilateral development and private banks, and governments.
- social and human rights impact assessment and management
- social due diligence, equator principle compliance reviews and construction monitoring
- resettlement and indigenous peoples’ development planning
- public consultation, disclosure and stakeholder engagement planning
- labour rights management planning and auditing
- gender analysis and management planning
The team works mainly on international projects and therefore travel is an integral part of this role.
Our projects are primarily located in Europe, Africa and Latin America and the Caribbean.
We welcome applications from social scientists with the following experience:
- Masters qualification in a discipline related to sociology, social or international development or similar
- experience in carrying out social performance assessments for any of the following: ESIA, due diligence, construction monitoring, resettlement action plans for infrastructure projects. Or experience of IFC and other lender social safeguards and their role in project finance processes and cycles
- experience of working internationally
- ability to undertake international trips as required
- fluency in English, excellent communication and report writing skills
- Demonstrable experience in any of the following key areas
- supply chain analysis
- ESG services
- Just Transition
- gender equality and empowerment
- human rights impact assessment
- fluency or the ability to work in French at site or when writing reports
- experience in the regions/countries mentioned above, and/or ability to work in the languages spoken in those locations
- experience in the energy sector
If you meet 80% or more of what we’re looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn’t know we need.
About The Business Unit
The Energy unit delivers services to clients globally across a number of sectors including hydropower, nuclear, waste, renewable generation and transmission & distribution networks. Together we provide integrated engineering and project management services across the project lifecycle – from concept and design, to construction and operations, to decommissioning or repowering and life extension. Together with our clients, we’re helping to deliver the energy transition globally.
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here . If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited – which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits We Offer
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working – because life isn’t 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies – for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at [email protected] and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More About Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
ALL - Spain
Consultancy, Energy, Environment
Europe and Central Asia
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora