MS Engineer (L2) is responsible for providing a managed service to clients to ensure that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational. Through the proactive monitoring, identifying, investigating and resolving of technical incidents and problems, the MS Engineer (L2) are able to restore service to clients. Their primary objective is to proactively review client requests or tickets and apply technical/process knowledge to resolve them without breaching service level agreement (SLA). The MS Engineer (L2) focuses on second line support for incidents and requests with medium level of complexity.
"Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs supporting the company infrastructure business processes and operations and/or network-based (cloud) product systems. Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software. Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems with automated systems solutions. Analyzes, designs, acquires and implements projects for LAN and/or WAN systems. Plans, designs, acquires and implements telecommunications voice/wire systems. At higher job levels, may contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure architecture used throughout the IT solution set."
Working at NTT
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Proactively monitors the work queues.
- Perform operational tasks to resolve all incidents / requests in a timely manner and within agreed SLA.
- Update tickets with resolution tasks performed
- Identify, Investigate, analyse issues and errors prior to or when they occur and log all such incidents in a timely manner. Capture all required and relevant information for immediate resolution
- Provide second level support to all incidents, requests and identify the root cause of incidents and problems
- Communicate with other teams and clients for extending support
- Execute changes with clear identification of risks and mitigation plans to be captured into the change record
- Follow the shift hand over process highlighting any key tickets to be focussed along with a handover of upcoming critical tasks to be carried out in the next shift
- Escalate all tickets to seek right focus from CoE and other teams, if needed continue the escalations to management
- Work with automation teams for effort optimization and automating routine tasks
- Coach Service Desk and L1 teams for technical and behavioural skills
- Establish monitoring for client infrastructure
- Identify problems and errors before they impact a client’s service
- Lead and manages all initial client escalation for operational issues.
- Contribute to the change management process by logging all change requests with complete details for standard and non-standard including patching and any other changes to Configuration Items. Ensures all changes are carried out with proper change approvals
- Plan and execute approved maintenance activities
- Audit and analyse incident and request tickets for quality and recommends improvements with updates to knowledge articles.
- Produce trend analysis reports for identifying tasks for automation, leading to reduction in tickets and optimization of effort
- Ability to communicate and work across different cultures and social groups
- Ability to plans activities and projects well in advance, and takes into account possible changing circumstances
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook at work
- Ability to work well in a pressurised environment
- Ability to work hard and put in longer hours when it is necessary
- Ability to apply active listening techniques such as paraphrasing the message to confirm understanding, probing for further relevant information and refraining from interrupting
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to place client at the forefront of all interactions, understanding their requirements and creating a positive client experience throughout the total client journey
- Diploma, degree or relevant qualification in IT/Computing (or demonstrated equivalent work experience)
- Up to date and relevant ITIL certification
- At least one mid-Level certification relevant to CoE - Ex – CCNP for networks, MSCE for Windows Server Data Center CoE (Add MCS and MCSfM certs in this section)
- Good to have scripting knowledge such as Python, PERL
- Good to have cross technology skills Ex Windows server L2 along with UNIX or Storage skills.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Routing and Switching (CCNA-R/S)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Wireless (CCNA-WL)
- Riverbed Certified Solutions Associate - WAN Optimization (RCSA-W)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Security (CCNA-SEC)
- Juniper Certifications
- Meraki Certifications
- MCSA, MCSE, RHEL, VCP
- MS-IIS Server
- Citrix Metaframe
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Data Center (CCNA-DC)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Video (CCNA-VID)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Voice (CCNA-V)
- Moderate years of relevant managed services experience
- Moderate level knowledge in ticketing tools preferably Service Now
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora
Últimas ofertas de empleo de Software Development en A Coruña
Digital Talent Agency
Coruña, A, ES
Desarrollador front-end29 May
Digital Talent Agency
Coruña, A, ES