About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Lead
Industry: Cloud-Based Solutions, HR Services, Software Development
Company size: 501–1k people
Company type: VC Funded
java, kotlin, microservices, go, amazon-web-services
At Personio we are on the amazing journey to become the leading HR Platform in Europe!
The Employee Performance and Development Tribe includes the management of feedback meetings, the tracking of goals and a very big vision for the future. The Performance review cycle is one of the most stressful processes for People Managers and Employees alike, but it doesn’t have to be. Our goal is to make this as transparent, fair and painless as possible. We are building the tools that help managers foster the right conversations, engage and grow employees in their careers and provide insights to organizations that help them unlock their people potential.
Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2021. Join us and help shape the Employee Performance and Development Tribe journey for Personio.
We are at the beginning of our journey and need help laying the foundation of Performance Management to become a directly revenue contributing product and drive towards Personio's mission to Enable Better Organizations.
As a Lead Engineer you will be a bar raiser in a mission-based team within the Personio Engineering organization and take care of team productivity, technical alignment and technical growth. In this role, you will act as a multiplier for your team
You know how to address each challenge - coding hands-on to prototype a solution, holding technical presentations or conducting brainstorming sessions with engineers from other tribes to tackle a certain problem - You know it best!!
This is a high impact role and you will be in the lead to create the long-term technical strategy for one of Personio’s main product components and represent the team in Personio’s Product & Engineering department.
Role & Responsibilities
- Increasing performance and productivity of your team by raising ideas how to improve team internal processes and collaboration
- Mentoring engineers in your team and fostering the technical growth of your teammates with/by pair programming, knowledge sharing and coaching
- Be the technical go-to person in your team for technical and non-technical topics and stakeholders
- Drive an engineering culture of quality, good development principles and innovation from inside your team
- Partnering up with the Engineering Manager on the technical growth of the team
- Strategic technical involvement on a team level in the OKR process, hiring strategy and team setup
- Managing incident processes and team related follow-ups to ensure high product reliability, stability and security
- Urge to contribute to tech branding through blogging and representing Personio at conferences & tech events.
How we work:
- We are transforming our PHP application into Kotlin microservices
- We are a product company so our teams are organised in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Engineers, Designers, Product Managers & Engineering Managers within and outside of your tribe.
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
What you need to succeed:
- You get your hands dirty when driving complex problems with high impact that set standards in style and quality
- Proven experience designing, developing and operating services of in the area of responsibility of your team
- Enthusiasm for building a technical strategy and translating it into reality
- Contribute to agile process optimizations
- You are driven by impact and you understand its effect for your team
- Very good communication skills to provide technical guidance and leadership
- Teaching, Coaching and empowering your colleagues is something that fulfills you
- Ability to effectively lead others through meetings, planning, and any processes which are needed to accomplish the goals of the team
- Passion to enable your teammates and amplify their technical abilities
- Excited to contribute to open source projects and tech branding activities
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares)
- We have an impact - Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping a company in its rapid growth and to grow and learn from your tasks
- We love what we do, but we are still happy to enjoy 26 days of paid holidays + 2 days off for Christmas and New Years´
- We enjoy becoming better day by day, that is why you will receive 1,500 € of development budget every year
- We have fun! Join us for regular team events, e.g. Oktoberfest, summer event, skiing trip, Christmas party and much more
- We offer language classes: English & Spanish
- We focus on results rather than schedules - we offer Flexibility and Remote-working
- We want happy employees - on top of your salary you will receive 68 € for food & public transport
- Corporate benefits - a range of employee discounts for different brands so you can save money while shopping (e.g. Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.)
- #SocialResponsibility: We are grateful for our privileges and take action to have a positive impact on the environment and society. Therefore, you will have two extra days to have #Impact: one individual and one supporting a company-wide project!
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
Solera is a global leader in data and software services that strives to transform every touchpoint of the vehicle lifecycle into a connected digital experience. In addition, we provide products and services to protect life?s other most important...
Do not miss this unique opportunity to join the backend development team of a world-wide famous SAAS company used by compaies such as Apple, Airbnd and Uber among others and learn, if you do not know jet, coding with GOLANG. Descripción de la oferta -...