About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Lead
Industry: Cloud-Based Solutions, HR Services, Software Development
Company size: 501-1k people
Company type: VC Funded
java, kotlin, microservices, go, amazon-web-services
At Personio we are on the amazing journey to become the leading HR Platform in Europe!
The Employee Performance and Development Tribe includes the management of feedback meetings, the tracking of goals and a very big vision for the future. The Performance review cycle is one of the most stressful processes for People Managers and Employees alike, but it doesn’t have to be. Our goal is to make this as transparent, fair and painless as possible. We are building the tools that help managers foster the right conversations, engage and grow employees in their careers and provide insights to organizations that help them unlock their people potential.
Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2021. Join us and help shape the Employee Performance and Development Tribe journey for Personio.
We are at the beginning of our journey and need help laying the foundation of Performance Management to become a directly revenue contributing product and drive towards Personio's mission to Enable Better Organizations.
As a Lead Engineer you will be a bar raiser in a mission-based team within the Personio Engineering organization and take care of team productivity, technical alignment and technical growth. In this role, you will act as a multiplier for your team
You know how to address each challenge - coding hands-on to prototype a solution, holding technical presentations or conducting brainstorming sessions with engineers from other tribes to tackle a certain problem - You know it best!!
This is a high impact role and you will be in the lead to create the long-term technical strategy for one of Personio’s main product components and represent the team in Personio’s Product & Engineering department.
Role & Responsibilities
- Increasing performance and productivity of your team by raising ideas how to improve team internal processes and collaboration
- Mentoring engineers in your team and fostering the technical growth of your teammates with/by pair programming, knowledge sharing and coaching
- Be the technical go-to person in your team for technical and non-technical topics and stakeholders
- Drive an engineering culture of quality, good development principles and innovation from inside your team
- Partnering up with the Engineering Manager on the technical growth of the team
- Strategic technical involvement on a team level in the OKR process, hiring strategy and team setup
- Managing incident processes and team related follow-ups to ensure high product reliability, stability and security
- Urge to contribute to tech branding through blogging and representing Personio at conferences & tech events.
How we work:
- We are transforming our PHP application into Kotlin microservices
- We are a product company so our teams are organised in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Engineers, Designers, Product Managers & Engineering Managers within and outside of your tribe.
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
What you need to succeed:
- You get your hands dirty when driving complex problems with high impact that set standards in style and quality
- Proven experience designing, developing and operating services of in the area of responsibility of your team
- Enthusiasm for building a technical strategy and translating it into reality
- Contribute to agile process optimizations
- You are driven by impact and you understand its effect for your team
- Very good communication skills to provide technical guidance and leadership
- Teaching, Coaching and empowering your colleagues is something that fulfills you
- Ability to effectively lead others through meetings, planning, and any processes which are needed to accomplish the goals of the team
- Passion to enable your teammates and amplify their technical abilities
- Excited to contribute to open source projects and tech branding activities
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Beautiful office located in the heart of Madrid
- Free English and Spanish language classes
- Flexibility to balance work between remote or in the office
- Parental benefit of 10 extra days off in case your child gets sick
- Private Health insurance (company level plan): Access to Sanitas plan at a reduced employee cost (€43 for employees, spouse, or children)
- Visa and relocation support
- Food and public transport subsidy of €68 per month
- Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs.
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
Requirements: Hi, everyone! Koombea, Limited is looking for a Front End Developer (Shopify) Koombea is a big family of geeks who are passionate about all things technology-related. Join them in their desire to innovate. Skills and experience needed 2+...
Descripción de la oferta En NexTReT estamos buscando a un/a Programador/a o Analista programador/a, que haya tenido experiencia en proyectos orientados a la solución de gestiones en el ámbito de Recursos Humanos y en el ámbito económico-financiero, y...