About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Lead
Industry: Cloud-Based Solutions, HR Services, Software Development
Company size: 1k-5k people
Company type: VC Funded
kotlin, microservices, java, event-driven-design, amazon-web-services
THE ROLEAt Personio we are on the amazing journey to become the leading HR Platform in Europe!
We in the Payroll Domain know people like to say: It's not rocket science.
But sometimes it just is. The same goes for payroll.
It has been there for some time, there is a way to do it, just as it has always been done. There are rules and regulations, customers and stakeholders.
But we just know that there is also another way to do it. A new way to do it. A sexy way to do it.
The Payroll Domain is on a mission to make Personio the big player of payroll and offer a smart payroll solution that can handle any kind of employees and use HRM data blended to payroll. Using our services, our customers save tons of money and time - and HR Managers can delegate the most complex tasks to us so they can gain peace of mind and focus on what really matters: people.
Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2021. Join us and help shape the Payroll Domain journey for Personio.
As a Lead Engineer you will be a bar raiser in a mission-based team within the Personio Engineering organization and take care of team productivity, technical alignment and technical growth. In this role, you will act as a multiplier for your team
You know how to address each challenge - coding hands-on to prototype a solution, holding technical presentations or conducting brainstorming sessions with engineers from other tribes to tackle a certain problem - You know it best!!
This is a high impact role and you will be in the lead to create the long-term technical strategy for one of Personio’s main product components and represent the team in Personio’s Product & Engineering department.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Increasing performance and productivity of your team by raising ideas how to improve team internal processes and collaboration
- Mentoring engineers in your team and fostering the technical growth of your teammates with/by pair programming, knowledge sharing and coaching
- Be the technical go-to person in your team for technical and non-technical topics and stakeholders
- Drive an engineering culture of quality, good development principles and innovation from inside your team
- Partnering up with the Engineering Manager on the technical growth of the team
- Strategic technical involvement on a team level in the OKR process, hiring strategy and team setup
- Managing incident processes and team related follow-ups to ensure high product reliability, stability and security
- Urge to contribute to tech branding through blogging and representing Personio at conferences & tech events
HOW WE WORK
- We are transforming our PHP application into Kotlin microservices
- We are a product company so our teams are organised in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Engineers, Designers, Product Managers & Engineering Managers within and outside of your tribe.
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You get your hands dirty when driving complex problems with high impact that set standards in style and quality
- Proven experience designing, developing and operating services in the area of responsibility of your team
- Enthusiasm for building a technical strategy and translating it into reality
- Contribute to agile process optimizations
- You are driven by impact and you understand its effect for your team
- Very good communication skills to provide technical guidance and leadership
- Teaching, Coaching and empowering your colleagues is something that fulfils you
- Ability to effectively lead others through meetings, planning, and any processes which are needed to accomplish the goals of the team
- Passion to enable your teammates and amplify their technical abilities
- Excited to contribute to open source projects and tech branding activities
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs.
- Beautiful office located in the heart of Madrid
- Free English and Spanish language classes
- Flexibility to balance work between remote and in the office
- Lease an electric scooter or bike, paid for by Personio
- Parental benefit of 10 extra days off in case your child gets sick
- Monthly €162 tax-free stipend to help cover food and public transportation expenses
- Private Health insurance (company level plan): Access to Sanitas plan at a reduced employee cost (€43 for employees, spouse, or children)
- Visa and relocation support
- Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
Seleccionamos un Data Scientist Jr con al menos un año de experiencia profesional para integrarse en el equipo de Marketing Data de Publiespaña. Entre sus responsabilidades destacan las siguientes: -Participar en la extracción de datos de diferentes...
LIFULL Connect is a Global Marketplace Group that operates more than 250 vertical search sites across property, employment, motoring, and fashion in 63 different countries and 24 different languages. These sites operate under the Trovit, Mitula...