About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: Backend Developer
Industry: Cloud-Based Solutions, HR Services, Software Development
Company size: 501-1k people
Company type: VC Funded
tdd, domain-driven-design, solid-principles, scrum, microservices
Join our team as a Senior Backend Engineer and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for the full cycle of feature development in your team ("You build it, you run it"), and take part in architecting the backend of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
Overall, we are 8 teams located in Germany and Spain. In total, the P&E department consists of 80 people, ranging from Engineers and Designers to Product and Engineering Managers.
About our Team in Madrid
Personio in Madrid is the team that’s driving our Personio Payroll Engine towards our vision of Payroll Automation. Our challenge is to build a robust system that allows us to generate a huge number of payslips and that’s able to adapt to different countries and their specific legal requirements in an agile way. We are transforming our RoR (Ruby on Rails) application into a more decoupled architecture following the principles of Domain Driven Design, Hexagonal Architecture and SOLID principles. Our offices are located in the heart of Madrid, close to the Bernabeu Stadium and the best access to public transportation (Metro and buses).
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You have significant experience in web development (from design to deployment and monitoring in production), in one of the following technologies: Java, Ruby on Rails, Kotlin.
- Strong OO design skills (SOLID 100%)
- Knowledge with automated testing and of when and what to test
- Experience in CI/CD, Pull/Merge Request and code reviews
- Proactive problem solver. You leave code and processes in better shape than when you first encountered them
- Teamplayer. You are passionate about working with talented teammates. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- Interest and passion to learn and experiment with new technologies and follow the best practices in software development for Agile environments.
- Professional level of written and spoken English
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares)
- We have an impact - Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping a company in its rapid growth and to grow and learn from your tasks
- We love what we do, but we are still happy to enjoy 26 days of paid holidays + 2 days off for Christmas and New Years´
- We enjoy becoming better day by day, that is why you will receive 1,500 € of development budget every year
- We have fun! Join us for regular team events, e.g. Oktoberfest, summer event, skiing trip, Christmas party and much more
- We offer language classes: English & Spanish
- We focus on results rather than schedules - we offer Flexibility and Remote-working
- We want happy employees - on top of your salary you will receive 68 € for food & public transport
- Corporate benefits - a range of employee discounts for different brands so you can save money while shopping (e.g. Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.)
- #SocialResponsibility: We are grateful for our privileges and take action to have a positive impact on the environment and society. Therefore, you will have two extra days to have #Impact: one individual and one supporting a company-wide project!
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
Desde Grupo Crit estamos buscando para importante consultora tecnológica un/a ingeniero/a de datos con experiencia en Data Factory y Data Bricks sobre Azure. La incorporación sería para trabajar con un proyecto del sector industrial y con las últimas...
As a full stack software engineer, you will develop scalable, robust and thoughtfully designed full stack applications. You are comfortable at the database layer all the way up to the front end. You will collaborate with other software engineers as...