About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Lead
Role: Backend Developer
Industry: Cloud-Based Solutions, HR Services, Software Development
Company size: 501-1k people
Company type: VC Funded
java, kotlin, amazon-web-services, spring
At Personio we are on the amazing journey to become the leading HR Platform in Europe!
We in Personio's Payroll Domain know people like to say: It's not rocket science. But sometimes it just is. The same goes for payroll. It has been there for some time, there is a way to do it, just as it has always been done. There are rules and regulations, customers and stakeholders. But we just know that there is also another way to do it. A new way to do it. A sexy way to do it.
The Payroll Domain is on a mission to make Personio the big player of payroll and offer a smart payroll solution that can handle any kind of employees and use HRM data blended to payroll. Using our services, our customers save tons of money and time - and HR Managers can delegate the most complex tasks to us so they can gain peace of mind and focus on what really matters: people.
Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2021. Join us and help shape the Payroll Domain journey for Personio.
As a hands-on Staff Engineer you will be one of the main stakeholders to drive the technical direction of the tribe and create alignment across the 4 (ans soon to be 6) teams in your tribe and beyond. You will work closely with the Payroll Product & Engineering Directors and the teams' Lead Engineers. Your role is to challenge the teams' technical road maps, work hands-on in 2-3 projects to bring features to maturity, give guidance, empower our technical vision. This is a high impact role and you will be in the lead to create and drive the long-term technical strategy for our Payroll platform, one of the key pillars of Personio.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead high-impact and large-scale technical projects across the tribe and department.
- Continuously raise the bar for engineering at Personio by mentoring engineers across the tribe and interviewing for new talent.
- Drive an engineering culture of quality and innovation across teams.
- Proactively seek out new areas/common problems to be tackled by your tribe.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and tech branding through blogging and representing Personio at conferences & tech events.
What you need to succeed
What really is a bit of a must:
- Willingness to work hands-on as a developer with a focus on complex problems with high impact.
- Experience looking at the big picture and driving technical initiatives across multiple teams in collaboration with product managers/other engineers
- Outstanding communication skills to provide technical guidance and leadership.
- Passion to enable/empower others
- Ability to navigate technical debates & drive technical alignment.
- Exceptional experience designing, developing and operating business critical distributed systems at scale.
- Proven experience in hiring, mentoring and developing engineering talent.
- Strong engineering and development skills (you love clean and awesome code and architectures that do the job!) and love creating such an environment with teams
- Experience with Kotlin or Java and Spring/Springboot.
- Experience with different architectures and decision making patterns for technologies/solutions
- This includes at a minimum some knowledge (not quite experience) of event driven architectures
What we'd really like:
- Experience being technically responsible for a larger number of teams where they must contribute and drive cohesively towards a larger architecture/platform
- Experience in Event driven architectures
Super Bonus points (would make us go "Woop Woop!"):
- Experience in finance, fintech or another highly regulated environment.
- We have a ton of regulatory requirements (it *is* people's money we're working with - right?)
- Experience in open source contribution and tech branding activities
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Beautiful office located in the heart of Madrid
- Free English and Spanish language classes
- Flexibility to balance work between remote or in the office
- Parental benefit of 10 extra days off in case your child gets sick
- Private Health insurance (company level plan): Access to Sanitas plan at a reduced employee cost (€43 for employees, spouse, or children)
- Visa and relocation support
- Food and public transport subsidy of €68 per month
- Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs.
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
Como desarrollador de apps móviles serás el responsable del desarrollo de soluciones para todo el grupo por lo participarás en proyectos de gran repercusión y te otorgará un crecimiento técnico muy reseñable en tu carrera. Descripción de la oferta -...
¿Buscas estabilidad laboral? ¿Tiens experiencia en programación de PLC's y te gustaría desarrollarte en el sector de automoción? ¡Te estamos esperando! Seleccionamos programador/a PLCs para importante empresa del sector de automoción. Te ofrecerán...