About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: Backend Developer
Industry: Cloud-Based Solutions, HR Services, Software Development
Company size: 501–1k people
Company type: VC Funded
java, kotlin, amazon-web-services, spring
At Personio we are on the amazing journey to become the leading HR Platform in Europe!
We in Personio's Payroll Domain know people like to say: It's not rocket science. But sometimes it just is. The same goes for payroll. It has been there for some time, there is a way to do it, just as it has always been done. There are rules and regulations, customers and stakeholders. But we just know that there is also another way to do it. A new way to do it. A sexy way to do it.
The Payroll Domain is on a mission to make Personio the big player of payroll and offer a smart payroll solution that can handle any kind of employees and use HRM data blended to payroll. Using our services, our customers save tons of money and time - and HR Managers can delegate the most complex tasks to us so they can gain peace of mind and focus on what really matters: people.
Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2021. Join us and help shape the Payroll Domain journey for Personio.
As a hands-on Staff Engineer you will be one of the main stakeholders to drive the technical direction of the tribe and create alignment across the 4 (ans soon to be 6) teams in your tribe and beyond. You will work closely with the Payroll Product & Engineering Directors and the teams' Lead Engineers. Your role is to challenge the teams' technical road maps, work hands-on in 2-3 projects to bring features to maturity, give guidance, empower our technical vision. This is a high impact role and you will be in the lead to create and drive the long-term technical strategy for our Payroll platform, one of the key pillars of Personio.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead high-impact and large-scale technical projects across the tribe and department.
- Continuously raise the bar for engineering at Personio by mentoring engineers across the tribe and interviewing for new talent.
- Drive an engineering culture of quality and innovation across teams.
- Proactively seek out new areas/common problems to be tackled by your tribe.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and tech branding through blogging and representing Personio at conferences & tech events.
What you need to succeed
What really is a bit of a must:
- Willingness to work hands-on as a developer with a focus on complex problems with high impact.
- Experience looking at the big picture and driving technical initiatives across multiple teams in collaboration with product managers/other engineers
- Outstanding communication skills to provide technical guidance and leadership.
- Passion to enable/empower others
- Ability to navigate technical debates & drive technical alignment.
- Exceptional experience designing, developing and operating business critical distributed systems at scale.
- Proven experience in hiring, mentoring and developing engineering talent.
- Strong engineering and development skills (you love clean and awesome code and architectures that do the job!) and love creating such an environment with teams
- Experience with Kotlin or Java and Spring/Springboot.
- Experience with different architectures and decision making patterns for technologies/solutions
- This includes at a minimum some knowledge (not quite experience) of event driven architectures
What we'd really like:
- Experience being technically responsible for a larger number of teams where they must contribute and drive cohesively towards a larger architecture/platform
- Experience in Event driven architectures
Super Bonus points (would make us go "Woop Woop!"):
- Experience in finance, fintech or another highly regulated environment.
- We have a ton of regulatory requirements (it *is* people's money we're working with - right?)
- Experience in open source contribution and tech branding activities
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares)
- We love what we do, but we are still happy to enjoy 26 days of paid holidays + 2 days off for Christmas and New Years´
- We enjoy becoming better day by day, that is why you will receive 1,500 € of development budget every year
- We have fun! Join us for regular team events, e.g. Oktoberfest, summer event, skiing trip, Christmas party and much more
- We offer language classes: English & Spanish
- We focus on results rather than schedules - we offer Flexibility and Remote-working
- We want happy employees - on top of your salary you will receive 68 € for food & public transport
- Parental benefit: In case your kids get ill, you may take up to 10 additional days off
- MacBook Pro and gadgets, including BOSE headsets with noise cancellation
- We offer Visa and relocation support
- Health insurance (company level plan): private health insurance for 43 € for Personio employees, spouse and children
- Corporate benefits - a range of employee discounts for different brands so you can save money while shopping (e.g. Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.)
- #SocialResponsibility: We are grateful for our privileges and take action to have a positive impact on the environment and society. Therefore, you will have two extra days to have #Impact: one individual and one supporting a company-wide project!
Últimas ofertas de Software Development
About Glovo: We?re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. Our vision and ambition...
Salary: (B2B) PLN / : Kotlin, Java, English, You published at least one original Android app, Remote data via REST and : Jira, Confluence, GIT, Agile, : Private healthcare, Flat structure, Small teams, International projects, Possibility to take...