About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: Backend Developer
Industry: Computer Software, Travel & Tourism
Company size: 51-200 people
Company type: Private
python, java, node.js, spring, mongodb
We are the world-leaders in Guest Intelligence solutions for the hospitality industry. Our cloud-based solutions enable 60,000+ clients to obtain a deeper understanding of reputation performance and operational/service strengths and weaknesses. We provide actionable insight to increase guest satisfaction, rankings on review sites/OTAs and ultimately, revenue.
We provide detailed insight through superior data and advanced analytics accessible through easy-to-use tools and a flexible API. Our experienced team delivers industry-leading training and education and is committed to providing a first-rate, personalized service. We are focused on empowering clients to make the changes necessary to create a guest-centric culture within their organizations.
You are a talented developer who loves solving challenging algorithmic, distributed system, and large data set problems.
How your day to day will look like:
- Work with a talented team of engineers to design, build and scale back-end services.
- Participate in architectural definitions with a high degree of innovation and creativity.
- Working directly within a multidisciplinary team to help our customers and partners.
- Design systems that process billions of reviews, time-series data, semantic mentions, surveys, and responses daily.
- Develop cognitive services that extract meaning and insights from this data that will be used by over 60,000+ hotels worldwide to gain knowledge, visibility, and insight into their guests' experience.
- Have lots of fun building great stuff and working with great people.
Our technology stack:
- Microservices based architecture running on Kubernetes.
- Java, Python, and NodeJS
- Kafka, Elasticsearch, Mongo, Cassandra, and Mysql persistence
- MapReduce and stream-based data processing
Your qualifications and background
- Ability to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience
- Strong knowledge of Java.
- You're not afraid of adapting, learning and working with different languages and frameworks.
- Be able to solve programming problems and understanding the impact of the solution from the point of view of algorithmic time and space complexity.
- Having a collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to shared code ownership.
- You feel comfortable working in English.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- Free coffee
- Subsidized gym membership
- Brand new office located in the center of Barcelona
- International team and fantastic work environment
- Team building activities and charity donation programs
- Wellness sessions
- Discounts on Private health insurance, ticket restaurant, transport, kinder garden…
- Knowledge exchange: we attend conferences and community events as well as provide learning resources
- Nice equipment: Mac laptops, high-quality monitors (1 or 2, the choice is yours)
- Desks with adjustable height (standing desks)
Planet es una startup fundada en Málaga, estamos enfocados en permitir que los ecommerce gestionen sus precios de manera óptima. Con la gestión de precios como núcleo de nuestro negocio, ofrecemos a los usuarios múltiples funcionalidades con las que...
LIFULL Connect is a Global Marketplace Group that operates more than 250 vertical search sites across property, employment, motoring, and fashion in 63 different countries and 24 different languages. These sites operate under the Trovit, Mitula...