The demand for mobility is growing all over the world. Transporting people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure of national economies. This applies, in particular, to the transport and logistics facilities of cities: Will cities be able to solve the problems caused by increasing road traffic? Can public transportation help them avoid total gridlock? How can railway operators increase the efficiency and safety of their systems? How can rail and road traffic be integrated? How can logistics supply chains be further optimized as freight volumes continue to increase steadily?
The Mobility Division provides answers to all of these questions with its comprehensive portfolio; because modern, interconnected and IT-based mobility is the core competency of its five business units: Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Mainline Transport, Urban Transport and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
We are recruiting for a Bid Technical Manager for Spanish Markets to join our team based in Madrid:
As part of the Rail Business, the National Bid Technical Manager will have responsibility for the bid process for rail projects on behalf of Siemens. The bid technical manager will manage bids for national business, managing:
- Bid preparation (Costs & Documentation) in line with the stipulated guidelines
- Adherence to the stipulated bid costs
- Definition of system architecture in collaboration with the system manager
- Definition of Maintenance Set-up in collaboration with the CS experts
- Support in Rail Electrification tenders (National / International)
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsible for reviewing project requirement specifications and technical scope
- Responsible to align the requirements with the system manager/Bid manager and experts.
- The bid technical manager in conjunction with the system manager is responsible for defining the system architecture as well as the suitable portfolio for the project
- Responsible to send to the Procurement the external RfQ and validation
- Responsible to send to other Siemens entities the internal RfQ and validation
- Support for RAMS analyses and analysis of impact on the system architecture
- Responsible for Cost Calculation (Services and Materials)
- Support to the risk analysis.
- Responsible to produce the Bill of Quantities
- Responsible for preparation of bid documents (together with the bid team)
- Identifying and advising the management team of any technical risk for bids or bid opportunities
- Continuous improvement of the job and activities in line with the Siemens Values
- Assessing and benchmarking tenders against internal project references
- Where required lead or directly undertake/ contribute to the preparation of accurate project estimates ensuring that targeted packages of work are secured with a profitable potential
- Responsible for the detailed bid handover, including pricing, program, procurement strategies to the project/programmed team
- Continuous improvement of biding practices and procedures in line with Siemens values.
- Assistance to the site visits of the tender
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Management skills & ability in terms of, written & verbal communication; presentation skills; problem identification, categorization and solving; people skills.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in engineering
- Good presentation, time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft packages and good working knowledge of program software
- English & Spanish proficiency
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. Flexibility is our main benefit. We combine remote and presence work because work-life balance and wellbeing are essential for our teams. We are convinced that stay at home allow us to focus on activities that need more time for concentration and being at the office enhance our creativity collaborating and learning from others.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Rail Automation S.A.U.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora