We are looking for a full stack engineer to help us build the next-generation platform for data processing at Spotify. Our platform will offer hundreds of data practitioners a seamless experience to deploy, monitor, and operate their data pipelines, providing increased options to fine-tune and optimize their performance and cost. We think of our solutions end to end, working with design and other engineering counterparts and incorporating feedback from our community of data practitioners to offer a great developer experience. We are a distributed team and like to work asynchronously while making the most out of opportunities when we work together, optimizing for collaboration and knowledge sharing. We enjoy doing open source; contributing to several OSS projects that are an integral part of our stack.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to Backstage views that support the user experience for the new data processing platform -- Backstage is an OSS platform for building developer portals developed at Spotify
- Craft backend systems that support the platform’s user experience and contribute to the infrastructure that supports the execution of thousands of business critical data pipelines
- Understand the needs of Spotify’s data engineering community to craft an awesome experience for deploying, monitoring and operating their data pipelines
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with exciting and pioneering work, the freedom to acquire new skills via hack weeks, reading groups, and a variety of internal training courses
- Be an active contributor to open-source projects
Who you are:
- You are experienced in building APIs and client libraries working with protocols such as gRPC, REST and GraphQL
- You are experienced with Java and are familiar or interested in learning Go and Scala
- You like working with data and demonstrate an interest in learning and understanding the internals of running data pipelines on kubernetes
- You enjoy and actively participate in product development end-to-end: user research, discovery, coding across the stack, testing, deployment, monitoring, support, making efforts to learn new things to become a more well rounded engineer
- You are comfortable with asynchronous communication, being able to work independently, being attentive to sharing context with your teammates, while making the most out of opportunities when you are working together
- You like doing open source, and understand the value of building up a community around OSS projects and contributing back
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora