Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a dynamic, globally-connected team where your contributions will make a meaningful difference in building a better media ecosystem? Come and see why Fortune magazine consistently ranks The Trade Desk among the best small-medium-sized workplaces globally.
We are looking to hire a NoSQL Database Engineer to join our engineering team to continue building out our data-driven platform and support database related activities. Do you enjoy tuning, performance testing and troubleshooting, writing automation, and evaluating/influencing NoSQL database use cases? Does the idea of new technologies, hardware, and tuning systems to cutting edge performance sound fun to you?
With integrations into every major advertising exchange, we handle well over 4 trillion requests every month and growing – that's more page views and queries than Facebook, Google Search, and Google's entire network of websites combined – all serviced in single-digit-ms response times. Are you interested in working with fast data at scale? Do you want to push the edges of scale and responsiveness?
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Be an Aerospike SME. You don’t need experience with Aerospike – we will train you. You will be a point of contact to review new use cases, answer questions, and respond to production issues. Aerospike is our standard for NoSQL database use cases and The Trade Desk is one of the largest Aerospike users in the world.
- Be a member of our high-performance computing team that is responsible for managing and planning systems and data structures at scale in a global ecosystem, across multiple infrastructure providers (cloud and traditional datacenter).
- Be responsible for provisioning new clusters, discussing and reviewing new use cases, capacity planning and management of the clusters - all with an eye on automation and scaling your work. Our NoSQL systems run at scale, with over 800 systems servicing near 4 trillion requests under 1ms daily - automation is key.
- Encourage, improve, and build upon automation using Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, and other languages/tools.
- Benchmark and analyze hardware offerings to potentially improve performance or TCO of clusters globally or for niche use cases. Always keep an eye out for the next great hardware to test.
- Perform regular cluster maintenance as needed by maintaining/developing necessary automation, apply updates such as kernel patches and daemon upgrades.
- Create alarm definitions to prevent issues and adjust/remove alarm definitions to prevent alert fatigue.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation (currently this is only around 3 hours/month).
- Experience writing clean, maintainable, and well-tested code in any of the following languages: Python, Golang, Ruby, Java, Scala, or C#
- Domain knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Physical (on-prem) server internals, their management and operation
- Linux operating system
- Performing testing and tuning
- GitOps tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef
- NoSQL/Database knowledge is a huge plus, but we can teach you.
- Cloud hosting environment experience
- Kubernetes experience
- Prometheus experience
- Technical Contributions:
- An understanding of data structure design as well as the advantages or drawbacks to various approaches.
- Uses a data driven approach to both daily time investments as well as long-term bets.
- Operationally Efficient:
- Operate in a way that reduces complexity and cuts operational risks with a solid grasp of costs and the return on investment-- of time, implementation, customer impact.
- A track record of making significant and self-directed, contributions to large and impactful projects.
- Actively communicate with your team as well as across the organization to effectively drive toward a unified goal.
- Practical problem solving, superb communication and documentation skills.
- An Empathetic, Objective, Critical Thinker:
- Thinking beyond the task at hand to deeply understand the 'why' behind an objective.
- A welcoming of ideas, and understanding of, perspectives that are different from your own and an interest in seeking and building from a common ground.
- You are a creative thinker, not bound by "the way things have always been done" but are thinking of the questions nobody has thought of and are "yet to be asked". What you know is less important than how well you learn, innovate, collaborate, and adapt.
- As a global team from many diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, you value and seek out paths for fostering diversity.
¡No te pierdas nada!
Únete a la comunidad de wijobs y recibe por email las mejores ofertas de empleo
Nunca compartiremos tu email con nadie y no te vamos a enviar spamSuscríbete Ahora