This position will be directly working with the Department of Information Systems and Decision Support in the Vall d´Hebron University Hospital (HUVH) and collaborating at the same time with the Statistics and Bioinformatics Unit from VHIR.
The HUVH is the largest hospital complex in Catalonia (Spain) and one of the most important in Spain, offering complex healthcare through its public, teaching and community hospital. The Department of Information Systems and Decision Support has an innovative orientation in the approach and strategies to data collection and processing, including patient-reported outcomes. It has been pioneer in the country in developing the Value-Based Health Care model, employing systematic and participative methodologies.
We are looking for a Data Architect to provide a unique platform for the extraction of clinical data from information systems (healthcare or hospital) for re-use in research. And to also implement the tools for data exploitation and presentation.
- University Degree or higher degree in computer engineering or similar.
- Master´s degree in: Business Intelligence, Big Data, Data Science or similar
- Fluency in Spanish, Catalan and English (business level)
- Knowledge in sql, pl / sql, non-relational database, sybase, etc.
- ETL´s knowledge preferably in Kettle.
- Valuable knowledge in Business Intelligence systems.
- Testing methodologies and execution.
- Valuable knowledge in healthcare applications: SAP, Centricity, Gacela or Sirena, modulab.
- Analyze the information needed to respond to data exploitations.
- Locate the data in the source systems to incorporate them into the research platform.
- Build a unique database for research.
- Model the database to facilitate its exploitation.
- Analyze, design and develop the extraction, transformation and loading tools needed for data mining.
- Give support in the management of the data on the operation of the system.
- Full-time position (40h/week).
- Starting date: immediate.
- Contract: temporary (1 year, with the possibility of continuity depending on the sustainability of project.)
- Gross annual salary: EUR 40 000 - 45 000 (depending on the candidate’s experience/skills)
What can we offer?
- Skillful and social colleagues in a dynamic environment.
- Challenging tasks and a wide range of responsibilities.
- Personal training opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.
- 23 days of holidays + 9 personal days.
- Flexible Remuneration Program (including dining checks, health insurance, transportation and more).
How to apply:
Applicants should submit a full Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter with the reference "Data Architect" to the following email address: [email protected]